Thursday, September 23, 2010

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE COLOR RED

Dear Red,

Image via HGTV
You've been on my mind a lot lately. I've always thought of you as a Christmasy color. Until I discovered how versatile you can be. NO. How versatile you are. I know some people think you are bold. I may have once been one of those people. But I know you are so much more than that. I've seen you be minimalistic, sophisticated, stylish, classic. You can be hot and sexy, or retro, or modern. You bring excitement without going crazy with too much color. 

I used to think I was hopelessly devoted to the color green, in all its glorious shades, which, now that I think about it, is kind of "Christmasy" as well. Oh, but I digress. I'm just saying, Red, that I'd invite you into my home anytime the opportunity presents itself. And, if the opportunity could present itself in the form of this beautiful bamboo chair, well, I think we would live happily together forever.
Image via Elle Decor

No comments:

Post a Comment