Wednesday, November 17, 2010

SIMPLY STUNNING



During my pursuit of outdoor holiday decor ideas -- which I'll be featuring in a later post -- I stumbled across these stunning photos via Restoration Hardware. The last image, the one with the commercial text that I can't seem to remove, is featured on RH's homepage. My heart may have skipped a little when I saw this. The rustic design of the interiors and furniture, combined with the elegant candles and those perfect trees adorned in vintage-inspired glass ornaments completely overwhelmed my visual senses. Who has a fireplace in their dining room? I don't even have a fireplace in my house, or a dining room table for that matter, which leaves a lot to be desired at Christmas time, but ultimately what perfects both of these pictures is the juxtaposition and balance of holiday decor on either side of the table. Both of these rooms are done on a grand scale -- from the oversized dining table to the floor to ceiling clock and fireplace and massive lantern chandeliers--so of course the Christmas decor could be  nothing less than sensational. I wonder what kind of wine is served at such a magnificent table...

No comments:

Post a Comment