Friday, November 12, 2010

GREAT IDEAS: OFFICE IN A CHEST

I'm starting a new weekly feature called "Great Ideas" with an angle on creaitng alternative uses for everyday household items. The focus is to maximize resources --time, money, space -- while transforming items that may already be in your home to produce a simple, creative new approach for storage, decor and/or entertaining.



This idea, courtesy of Martha Stewart, is what inspired my new 'column.' Because I live in a small space, which I love, I am always looking for storage solutions that allow me to access and put away essentials quickly and effortlessly. I am not as organized as I'd like to be, but, this chest is certainly a step in the right direction. The combination of a filing cabinet and bulletin board, which is simply made from cork board and glue, is an ideal solution for someone like myself who wants an indiscreet home office space.

No comments:

Post a Comment