Tuesday, October 19, 2010

FABULOUS FINDS

The treasure that can be found on Craigslist are sometimes just too unbelievable for words. Yesterday afternoon I spent some time searching local Craigslist ads for mid-century furniture and, well, just look at what I found for $40!



I'm picking up this lovely desk this afternoon and plan to have it restored by the end of the week. I just need to decide on new hardware for the drawer pulls and a paint color... navy blue? Red? Espresso brown?!! I'll post the "after" pictures by the end of this week.

The other fabulous find I discovered on Craigslist is this beautiful, sleek 1960s chest:



It's easy to overlook vintage pieces as too outdated and labor-intensive, but it often only takes new hardware and a coat of paint to transform a piece from old to modern. This sleek grove storage cabinet via Martha Stewart Living will serve as my inspiration for the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment